Introducing the notion of Blueprints and Rely’s default data model made of Domains, Systems and Services.
- Introduction of Blueprints: A new feature that acts as the backbone for entities in the Software Catalog. Blueprints serve as templates, or schematics, defining the properties and data types of each entity.
- OOTB Blueprints - Domains, Systems, Services: The initial launch includes three pre-defined blueprints: Domains, Systems, and Services. These blueprints provide a foundational structure for the respective entities in the software catalog.
- Editable Blueprints with Code View: Users can access and modify these blueprints directly through their code views. This feature allows for customization of the entity structure, tailoring it to specific organizational needs.
- Dynamic Adjustment of Entities: Alterations made to a blueprint are automatically reflected in the entities that were created based on that blueprint. This dynamic relationship ensures consistency and coherence across the software catalog.
- Blueprint Relations and Dependencies: Blueprints can be interrelated, implying dependencies or associations between different entities. These relationships can represent various organizational or structural connections, making the software catalog a more accurate representation of the actual tech ecosystem.